Bright is located in High Country, Victoria and is one of those gems that has something for everyone all year around. It is roughly a 3.5 hour drive from Melbourne, which you can make longer if you want to make stops along the way, which we did.
Not only that, Bright is an extremely dog-friendly area. Your dog literally does not need to leave your side while you’re there.
Pet-friendly properties in Bright
Tyntynder Garden Cottage 2
The cottage sleeps 4 people and up to 2 dogs. There are plenty of pet-friendly provisions such as dog toys, treats, dog bowls and a fully fenced yard that backs onto the Ovens River and the start of the Cherry Walk track. It is cosy and comfortable for a family or a couple plus has all the provisions needed to just arrive.
Bright Serendipity is all about letting in the light! The focal point of the house is the living and kitchen area, framed by floor to ceiling windows leading to the entertaining deck. A fabulous outdoor space that is fully fenced and overlooking the surrounding mountains.
Come along with up to 2 dogs and 5 guests. It would be ideal for 2 couples or a family.
Bespoke Holiday House
Bespoke Holiday House has been beautifully curated by the owner to restore its original glory while introducing some modern touches.
The house has a front and rear garden that is fully fenced. Bright town centre is a short walk, so you can take your dogs with you, but should you need to leave them, there is an additional secure spot at the rear of the yard. Sleeping up to 6 guests and 2 dogs, you could classify this house as Reto Glamour Dog-Friendly!
If you’re travelling to Bright as a couple or on your own with your dog, Tessies Studio is an excellent option.
It is a modern studio equipped with a kitchenette, king size bed and located in a quiet court a short walk from town. The local dog-friendly park, Bright Memorial Arboretum, is just at the end of the street.
Tessies Studio is part of a group of properties in the same court, so if you’re travelling with family or friends and need accommodation close together, this could be perfect for you.
Bella’s Place is just off the gorgeous Delany Avenue in Bright. A 5-minute drive to town or 25-minute walk. It sleeps up to 4 people and allows 2 dogs. It is compact and cosy, but the property itself has plenty of room for your dogs to roam in a completely secure yard.
Rail Trail Cottage
The beautiful garden is fully fenced, but not secure for small dogs, so keep this in mind when considering. It accommodates 4 people and 2 dogs.
Dog friendly things to do in Bright
It is no exaggeration to say Bright is 100% dog-friendly. All year round, there is no need for your dog to leave your side when visiting. There are plenty of options depending on the type of holiday you’re after. Fabulous cafes and restaurants, local breweries and wineries, and walking tracks for gentle strollers or more experienced hikers. Here are our favourites.
- Cherry Walk: A gentle walk that loops around the Ovens River and can be short or long depending on fitness levels. It is a peaceful and tranquil track with plenty of sniffing spots for your dog.
- Canyon Walk: A slightly longer walk, but still relatively easy, this walk starts from Howitt Park and then joins with the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail.
- Bright Memorial Arboretum: Situated on Mountbatten Avenue, this is an on-lead dog park.
- Ginger Baker Wine Bar and Cafe: We enjoyed breakfast here, but it is open for lunch and dinner as well. The outdoor area is fully enclosed so you can sit with your furry friends regardless of the weather.
- Bright Brewery: There is a huge deck overlooking the Ovens River. There were plenty of pooches napping under tables while their owners enjoyed a locally brewed beer and something to eat.
- Tomahawks: The local tip is that Tomahawks is the place to go. Sadly we missed out on trying it ourselves as it’s only open Wednesday to Sunday. There is seating under the front verandah for you and your dog.
- Day trip to Beechworth: We had just enough time to make a trip to Beechworth on the way home and it was well worth it. This historical town had so much to offer. Visit the Beechworth Honey Shop. Enjoy a cold beer at Bridge Road Brewers, they are dog-friendly! Or stay in pet-friendly accommodation in Beechworth.
- Bright Splash Park: If you’re holiday with the kids, pack a picnic and head down to the splash park. Perfect for the summer months.
Why is Bright Dog Friendly?
Well, simply because you can take your dog with you wherever you go when you’re in Bright. Walk out the front door for your morning dog walk. Enjoy breakfast and lunch while they lounge under a table in one of Bright’s cafes or restaurants. Visit a winery or brewery and let them sniff the surrounds. Watch the afternoon activities on the Ovens River while they paddle in the water. Say no more! We will be back.
Tell us about your visit to Bright and what you loved about it. Comment below.